It’s hard to believe that after a year of combatting COVID-19, we’re still feeling the effects in our everyday lives. Plans are rearranged and weddings and celebrations continue to be compromised. I stand right alongside you, friends, because I’m getting married myself! I know the struggle of trying to plan a wedding during another year of restrictions and getting swabs stuck up our noses! It’s not an easy time to be a bride but my hope is that this year prepares us even more for marriage! In today’s blog post, I’m sharing some tips for COVID wedding planning in 2021. These have helped me immensely and I hope they help you, too!
Tips for COVID Wedding Planning in 2021
1) Take a deep breath. Go ahead, do it. It’s okay to still be disappointed. Giving you full permission here.
2) Next, accept it. As hard as this is, accept that this is life right now. PLUS, It’ll make a great story to tell your kids one day
3) Make multiple guest lists. Your dream guest list with all the people, a guest list with 100 people, and a guest list with 50 people. Accepting that any of these may be the outcome will only get you more excited because guess what! You’re still GETTING MARRIED!
4) Make a list of all the TRULY important parts of your wedding day. Is it saying I Do? Is it a father/daughter dance? Is it the photos with your fiancé? Is it hugging your Grandma? Whatever your top 5 things are, list them out and share them with your planner or photographer! We can help you brainstorm ways to be creative and make sure these things happen for you!
5) Take a break and do something fun with your future Mr. or Mrs. Remember, you’re starting a life together. There will be endless days of parties in the future, I promise. But your wedding day is about starting your marriage together and beginning that legacy.
6) Know that you’re not alone. I’m right there with you, friends! Frank and I are going through the same thing but we are just so darn excited to get married that we know the day will be absolutely perfect regardless.
Remember, at the end of the day – it’s all about you and your babe.
COVID wedding planning in 2021 is no easy feat and I’m always looking for new ways to help my sweet couples navigate these hard times. Even if it’s just by dancing around and getting ya’ll to smile like I did on this Instagram reel. But remember, at the end of the day – it’s all about you and your babe. Trust in that and trust in each other and you’ll be set for life.
For more tips and wedding inspiration, be sure to sign up to receive my email newsletter!